Saturday, October 6, 2012

It starts!!!


Hello!

I just wanted to let everyone who may have found their way here know what this blog is all about! I'm Harrison Aye, a writer with a dream to get become a published author. This blog will contain my thoughts on the writing process, analysis of other works I have read, and much more. Click here if you'd like to learn more about me specifically, otherwise the rest of this page is about my book:
A skeletal rat claws its way back from Ropes, the massive net that catches the dead, with knowledge that could save all of humanity from the sweeping madness known as the Fell Thirst. Thus far, there has been only one known way to quench the sick compulsion for water once it hits, and that is to drop dead.

So even Prince Kobias is perplexed over why he stood back up. Noted as the first to fall and the only to survive, Kobias has become the prime culprit as the cause of the plague.

The rat doesn’t blame him, however. It knows exactly what went wrong and what Kobias needs to do in order to end it before everyone falls into the undergloom. What the rat has seen slithering deep within the Levels could even silence the bickering egos debating cures at the Crisis Meetings, but the struggle back to Earth will all be for nothing if the undead rodent cannot help the Prince survive a hostile world filled with monsters with hooks for hands, pirate clowns, alien executives, and armies of clockwork men.


My novel, The Unraveler, is a 95,000-word teen fantasy  that
means to untangle the fabrics of space and time. This website is dedicated to my journey to seek representation and achieve publication for this wild adventure.

Please support me with a "like" on facebook! A simple "like" there will help me get my novel noticed. Sharing my stuff, commenting, +1ing, and tweeting using #unraveler will mean more to me than you could ever understand. Thank you for all that you do.






This blog will contain my thoughts on the writing process, analysis of what others are doing to promote their books, and much more. Click here if you'd like to learn more about me specifically, otherwise the rest of this page is about my novel:

The goals I had set for writing this novel:

To build an all-new mythology. You won't find Dwarves or Elves in my book. I've got new races, with new traits to explore. New creatures never before imagined. New locations. New landscapes. New lore and legend.

And it's deep. I've written historical back stories that could end up as long as a few chapters, and I don't even plan on including them within my novel! Much of the history I've invented is merely there to make my world feel more real, more lived in.


 To go against the conventional tropes of fantasy. Nothing can be assured as expected. I want to ignite a sense of exploration without the need for fantastical foreknowledge or expectations. I love plots without predictability, looking at situations from different perspectives, and big ideas made simplistic. I want my readers to get something unlike anything they have read before. I want to remind the world how fun reading is.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
UNRAVELSPACE UNRAVELTIME