Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Predetermined, Regularly Delivered Blog Post


When I created this blog, I had initially challenged myself to writing a new, exclusive story. Well, I must say that I don’t believe that that will continue to be my priority. I don’t want to be a blogger with any sort of predetermined regularity. Blogging should come from the heart when the heart beckons, and that is what I will be doing from now on. I will probably doing a monthly accountability blog, but I’m not going to make any promises. 


The reason for this is because I’m much too busy working on my actual novel. I’ve been editing it, and all of my energy has been going directly into it. My novel is the most important thing, anyway. I’m getting to the point where I am about to start sending out query letters to agents. My novel is pretty shiny, in my opinion, however I still have plenty of things I want to do with it before I consider trying to push it out beyond the borders of my small writing circles. 


I may still continue to write the Blog Story Series, but I’m more interested in getting my short stories published with other outlets than my blog. I’ve been researching how to write query letters, and I’ve quickly decided that I need more credentials. I know my novel is fantastic, but I guess I also need more people to say that other things I’ve written are fantastic. The only writing contest I ever won was a PKP Essay Writing Competition at SIUE. A cool award in itself, but hardly something that shows that I know how to write fiction.

I’m also still working on my life post-separation from that lady I was married to. I’m considering going back to school. If I did, it would be up near the North East. I figure I need to live by publishers. I need to make contacts. Go to conferences. St. Louis isn’t the best place for a writer to do those sorts of things. I really loved Boston, NYC, and other places up in the NE when I visited last, so I’m considering the move there (I do miss Seattle extraordinarily, though). However, everything I do in my life is centered around my dream to become a writer. I just want to get my book published. I want to do everything it takes. I want to be one of the hardest working writers in history.

Anyway, thank you for reading. Have a great day. I hope you get to spend it doing something you love!