Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Longitude, a poem (way back from high school, don't judge too hard!) by Harrison Aye


So revered and logical,
to say I knew, they knew better.
To trust the world that sold me "could,"
rose an army of "never."
You say you want me  (Live)
and it is wonderful      (off)
but i can't                    (my)
handle it                      (hands)
Soul synchronization
She will stay on the longitude, and the latitude
The given the point at which we are
And though she lives life in solitude, solitude
She'd rather fade than get too far

Mindful pool, drift rotting trees
Floats so sound, in this weather
Am I afraid of falling leaves?
Or do the trees deserve better?
You say you want me  (Live)
and it is wonderful      (off)
but i can't                    (my)
handle it                      (hands)
Soul synchronization
She will stay on the longitude, and the latitude
The given the point at which we are.
And though she lives life in solitude, solitude
She'd rather fade than get too far.
And though she knows, I'd like her to
To feel the low less testing cause
I will tongue bathe the morning dew
And lets the drops fall through my heart
My own.

Credits: Lyrics and music by Harrison Aye, bass and vocals performed by Clayton Sanders, and drums performed by Brian Wood. This video was directed and filmed by the amazing Gabriel Fries, and it stars an awesome gal named Jennifer.


Notes: This is from my high school band. The sound quality is poor because we were just beginning to learn how to record back then. This is a very old song, from when I was just starting my music, so it doesn't reflect the writer/performer I am now. However, I wanted to post it for the fun of old times.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
UNRAVELSPACE UNRAVELTIME