Saturday, December 7, 2013

What the 3 Deathly Hallows Represent from the Story of Christ


I love Harry Potter. I’ve always known that there was Christian themes in the book, but I never really looked for it. I realized the other day, while watching the movies, what the Deathly Hallows represent. [note: I did not do any research on whether or not this is accurate or true. This is just my humble speculation during my own readings. I typed this out as soon as I thought about it, so I could be horribly wrong]

The Elder Wand is the Cross. A device that can kill anyone—even the son of God, but it cannot truly kill him, and it does not end Harry.

The Resurrection Stone is the boulder that was rolled in front of Jesus’s grave.
A stone cannot hold the dead back, in the Christian symbolism, and in Harry the stone allows life to return.

The Invisibility Cloak is the shroud where Jesus’s body was lain. Jesus’s body disappears on top of it, and in doing so he evades death, much like in the Tale of Three Brothers.

The three symbols of the Deathly Hallows is representative of the Holy Trinity.

Just something to think about.